Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pho - vietnamese beef noodle soup

so you might be going vietnamese ..........really ?
Yes folks because Vietnam has been occupied by so many other cultures including the french they actually have a culinary prowless that might suprise you .

Today I had a friend who wasn't feeling so well and was requesting the wonderful brothy goodness called Pho . an amazingly light yet filling broth coupled with an array of veggies and meat cooked in the broth it is unique and stands alone as a very filling meal.

For those in the know not all Pho is created equal . Each chef bring something unique to their Pho .

The two that i tend to like and are very simular is

Pho Oregon -2518 N.E. 82nd
Pho Hung - 4717 S.E. Powell



Favorite appetizer
Salad Rolls
veggies and shrmip wrapped and served with peanut sauce


                                   
Beef broth with 3 different kinds of beef and veggies 


At Pho Oregon this is a number 11


Sometimes it pays to adventure outside your comfort zone .
I did this with Pho about 2 years ago and can't get enough :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been craving some Pho... I'll have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I knew I liked you. Come to your blog and the first post I see is on Pho...I LOVE Pho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice - well i knew i would like you when the first time i meet you your serving pulled pork and bourndain's new book was on the counter :)

    ReplyDelete